This video demonstrates the compliance capabilities of a typical DDG Series Toolholder. The thread in this video is M12 X 1.75.
NEW VISTA SUPERCOMPLIANT TOOLHOLDERS
— Permits tools to follow threads that are significantly displaced —
- Used with a variety of thread-verification and thread-chasing powered Units. Self-centering.
- Popular in multiple-spindle applications.
- Eliminates jamming, cross-threading and off-axis re-cutting resulting from misalignment between the tool and the threaded feature.
- Also used in applications where metallic adhesions (on the thread gage member or chasing tool) would otherwise be a problem.
- Will find and follow threaded holes (or external threads) that are out of position up to 5mm (Ø10mm true position); or out of square up to 3º.
- High torque rating due to sophisticated oldham principle design.
- Can be tuned for new applications in a matter of minutes. No disassembly or shims are required.
While the DDG Series Supercompliant Toolholders are the most compliant and versatile toolholders ever, no one particular toolholder is best for all applications. For this reason New Vista also catalogs a number of other types of toolholders, covering a broad range of applications. You should consult with your New Vista applications engineer for any new application.
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and send it to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Chasing Members — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.