New Vista STH Thread Units
— For Automated Installations —
— For Robotic Applications —
…For thread verification and thread chasing. The most popular Thread Units in the World!
- “GO” verification (pitch diameter).
- “NO GO” verification (pitch diameter).
- “NO GO” verification (minor diameter).
- Rate: 90 filters per minute.
CANADIAN PATENT 2,521,347
OTHER PATENTS PENDING
SERIES STH FEATURES
- Quickly and automatically verifies or chases threaded holes (or external threads) by powering a suitable tool into (or onto) and out of (or off of) the part. Versions are capable of “GO” gaging, “NO GO” gaging, combination gaging or thread chasing.
- Sensitive high speed drive allows the tool to stop in case of missing, short, or improperly formed threads. This creates a “reject” signal.
- Spring-biased spindle prevents damage to end of thread at start of engagement.
- Will verify blind holes (or male threads) accurately for thread depth (length). Will mount in any orientation.
- Will not jam or stick in short or obstructed (reject) threads.
- Does not subject the part (or the spindle) to high force or torque levels…even with a reject.
- A single STH Unit will work with a variety of threads. No leadscrew is employed.
- Proven out for your application before shipping.
- Shipped with complete installation instructions. Integration is simple.
Motors; Voltages; Gearing
A typical STH callout looks like this: STH-500-SK-1X-R.
- 500 = an ‘L’ torque unit.
- 1X = direct drive; 3X = 3:1 gear reduction; 7X = 7:1 gear reduction.
- SK = Kollmorgen servomotor; SM = Mitsubishi servomotor; D = direct current motor.
- R = designed for robotic operation.
Specifications And Capacities For STH Units
- Cycle times shown below are for thread verification applications, with servo-driven versions, and where the thread length is equal to the thread diameter.
- The maximum thread lengths that can be gaged are 6mm (1/4”) less than the maximum stroke figures shown. If more stroke is required, order a –ES version.
- The Units listed below are all foot-mounted.
|MODEL SERIES||TORQUE UNIT||WILL VERIFY THREAD SIZES||MAX. STROKE||APPROXIMATE CYCLE TIME|
|STH-250||S||M2 – M6 (#2 thru 1/4”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||0.8 seconds|
|STH-500||L||M5 – M22 (#10 thru 7/8”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||1.0 seconds|
|STH-1000||L||M10 – M38 (3/8” thru 1-1/2”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||1.5 seconds|
|STH-2000||XL||M12 – M50 (1/2” thru 2”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||2.2 seconds|
|STH-2500||XXL||M19 – M64 (3/4” thru 2-1/2”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||3.2 seconds|
|STH-3000||XXXL||M50 – M100 (2” thru 4”)||38mm (1.50 in.)||4.0 seconds (for M50 size)|
- Additional dash-number designations:
- Add –FL for flange-mount versions.
- Add –ES suffix for extra stroke versions.
- Add –PD suffix to mount the Programmable Thread Depth Option.
- Add –R1 suffix after the model number if the TVU will be used with a robot.
- Add –CMB suffix for “GO / NO GO” (combination gaging) versions.
- Included with every STH Series Unit:
- Mounted motor, with drive.
- Mounted depth sensors.
- Prox and motor cables.
- Quoted as Options:
- Slide or Robot to advance the Unit. For foot-mounted versions: a RAM-250 or RAM-350 Slide Unit from New Vista can be employed for this purpose. For –R versions, the Robot provides this function.
- Programmable Thread Depth Option.
- A PLC and 24 volt power supply (for control functions).
- Thread Gage Members, Thread Ring Gages, Chasing Tools and Toolholders: Please order separately.
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/products/thread-verification-chasing/units-ready-for-integration/sth/. Fill in the blanks and send it to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Chasing Members — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.