NEW VISTA RTU ROBOTIC GAGING AND REMEDIATION UNITS
— And Tool Docking Systems —
— For Thread Gaging, Thread Remediation, and Plain Hole Gaging —
— With Programmable Torque Control —
NEW VISTA UNITS FOR THREAD GAGING AND THREAD REMEDIATION:
- Quickly and automatically verifies or remediates threaded holes (or external threads) by powering a suitable tool into (or onto) and back out of (or off of) the part. Every RTU is capable of “GO” gaging, “NO GO” gaging, combination gaging, thread remediations and plain hole gaging.
- Sensitive high speed drive allows the tool to stop in case of missing, short, obstructed or improperly formed threads. No damage occurs to the threads or the tools, and the tools won’t jam or stick in the threads.
- Spring-biased spindle nose prevents damage to end of thread at start of engagement.
- Will verify blind holes (or male threads) accurately for thread depth (length). Will work in any orientation.
- Will not crossthread.
- Does not subject the part (or the spindle) to high force or torque levels.
- A single RTU Unit will work with a variety of thread sizes and thread pitches. No leadscrew is employed.
- Proven out with a robot for your application, on your parts, before shipping.
- Shipped tooled and programmed for your application, with complete integration instructions.
Specifications And Capacities For RTU Units
- You can accommodate nearly any thread size between M1 and M75 with any new standard-issue RTU-SM2. Different models for different thread sizes (or different pitches) are not usually necessary. Any RTU-SM2 can now be used to gage or remediate nearly any thread.
- With the new tooling for RTUs, torques and rpms are selectable right off the Touchscreen HMI.
- Specialty tool shanks are no longer a necessity. New tooling options for the new RTU-SM2s accommodate straight shank, taper shank, all-threaded reversible or Type BH tools.
- The weight of an RTU with a set of tooling is about 3.6 kg (8 lbs.)
- Parts are available for immediate shipment worldwide for all standard-issue RTU-SM2s.
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and submit or send to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Remediation tool — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.