New Vista RTU Thread Units
— For Thread Gaging, Plain Hole Gaging, and Thread Remediation —
— For Robotic Applications —
NEW VISTA UNITS FOR THREAD GAGING AND THREAD REMEDIATION:
- Quickly and automatically verifies or chases threaded holes (or external threads) by powering a suitable tool into (or onto) and out of (or off of) the part. Versions are capable of “GO” gaging, “NO GO” gaging, combination gaging or thread chasing.
- Sensitive high speed drive allows the tool to stop in case of missing, short, or improperly formed threads. This creates a “reject” signal.
- Spring-biased spindle prevents damage to end of thread at start of engagement.
- Will verify blind holes (or male threads) accurately for thread depth (length). Will mount in any orientation.
- Will not jam or stick in short or obstructed (reject) threads.
- Does not subject the part (or the spindle) to high force or torque levels…even with a reject.
- A single STH Unit will work with a variety of threads. No leadscrew is employed.
- Proven out for your application before shipping.
- Shipped with complete installation instructions. Integration is simple.
Specifications And Capacities For RTU Units
- Cycle times shown below are for thread verification applications, and where the thread length is equal to the thread diameter. Long threads, long holes, external threads and long outside diameters can take longer.
|MODEL SERIES||GEAR REDUCTION||WILL VERIFY THREAD SIZES||MAX. STROKE||APPROXIMATE CYCLE TIME|
|RTU-250-SM2-1X-12.7||1:1||M2 – M5 (#2 thru #10)||32mm (1.25 in.)||0.8 seconds|
|RTU-500-SM2-1X-12.7||1:1||M5 – M22 (#10 thru 7/8”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||1.0 seconds|
|RTU-2000-SM2-4X-16||4:1||M12 – M50 (1/2” thru 2”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||2.0 seconds|
|RTU-2500-SM2-7X-16||7:1||M19 – M64 (3/4” thru 2-1/2”)||32mm (1.25 in.)||3.2 seconds|
|RTU-3000-SM2-7X-16||7:1||M50 – M100 (2” thru 4”)||38mm (1.50 in.)||4.0 seconds (for M50 size)|
- Additional dash-number designations:
- Add –ES suffix for extra stroke versions.
- Add –CMB suffix for “GO / NO GO” (combination gaging) versions. Also for verifying high/low thread pitch diameter limits, as with pipe threads.
- Included with every Unit:
- Mounted servomotor, with drive.
- Complete PLC control system.
- Mounted depth sensors.
- Type J Chuck.
- Cables for motor, sensors and controls.
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and submit or send to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Remediation tool — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.