NEW VISTA WSH TYPE 2 SELF-FEEDING THREAD UNITS
— COMPACT UNITS FOR AUTOMATED APPLICATIONS —
CANADIAN PATENT 2,521,347
NEW VISTA WSH SERIES FEATURES
- Complete functional Units, supplied with motor, drive, sensors and cables.
- Models available for thread verification and thread chasing. Same Unit can be used for both internal and external threads.
- Self-feeding. Spindle quickly advances to engage the thread.
- Rotatable collar is used to quickly set the torque limit. Graduated fingerwheels set thread depths.
- For thread verification models, a sensitive high speed drive allows the thread member to stop in case of missing or improperly formed threads. This creates a “reject” signal.
- Missing holes and/or missing studs are instantly identified as rejects.
- Will follow existing threads. Won’t cut out-of-phase thread or damage threads at the mouth of the hole (or at the end of a stud).
- Will chase out (or verify) full thread depth in blind holes.
- Will work right up to a shoulder (for studs).
- Will not jam or stick in bad or short threads.
- Does not subject the part (or the tools) to high force or torque levels.
- Quick to set up and use. Will mount in any orientation.
- Instructions provided for how to mount, align and operate.
SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES FOR WSH UNITS
|Model Series||Will Verify Thread Sizes||Will Chase Thread Sizes||Maximum Feed Distance||Approximate Cycle Time|
|WSH-1X||M3 – M6 (#4 Thru 1/4”)||—||40mm (1.58 in.)||1.0 seconds|
|WSH-2X||M6 – M25 (1/4” Thru 1”)||M3 – M6 (#4 thru 1/4”)||40 mm (1.58 in.)||1.5 seconds|
|WSH-3X||M25 – M50 (1” Thru 2”)||M6 – M16 (1/4” thru 5/8”)||75mm (3.00 in.)||2+ seconds|
|WSH-4X||M37 – M100 (1-1/2” Thru 4”)||M14 – M42 (9/16” thru 1-5/8”)||75mm (3.00 in.)||3+ seconds|
Included with each WSH Series Unit:
- Proprietary, patented and proven New Vista mechanisms.
- Mounted motor.
- Motor drive package.
- Motor and control cables.
- Thumbwheel-adjustable depth sensors.
- Manual with mounting information, schematics and integration guide.
- Thread members (thread gage members and / or chasing tools).
- Rigid or compliant toolholders.
- Boxed control, with HMI
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and send it to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Chasing Members — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.