NEW VISTA THREAD-VERIFYING UNITS (SERIES TVU-SMNP)
— FOR AUTOMATIC VERIFYING OF THREADED FEATURES IN SCREW MACHINES AND CNC LATHES —
- Mounts in a tooling station or tailstock in a CNC lathe or screw machine. Rotary power and advance are provided by the machine tool.
- Quickly verifies threaded holes (or external threads) by automatically running a thread gage tool into or (onto) the part. The tool will follow the existing thread.
- The TVU-SMNP features a spindle with torque control and axial control, allowing the tool to spin with the part (or retract) in cases where the mouth of the thread is severely distorted. This feature prevents double (out-of-phase) re-threading.
- Will verify blind holes accurately to thread depth.
- “Locks up” when spindle is reversed, so that the thread gage tool will not stick in (or on) the thread when wrong-size (or short) threads are encountered.
- Does not subject the part (or the spindle) to high force or torque levels.
SPECIFICATIONS AND CAPACITIES
|Model||Torque Unit||Thread Size||Max Stroke Up To||Approx. Cycle Time|
|TVU-SMNP-250-B (S, C)||S||3-5mm (#4 thru #10)||44mm (1.75 in.)||1.0 sec|
|TVU-SMNP-500-B (S, C)||L||6-25mm (1/4” thru 1”)||50mm (2.00 in.)||1.8 sec|
|TVU-SMNP-1000-B (S, C)||XL||25-44mm (1” thru 1-3/4”)||57mm (2.25 in.)||2.8 sec|
|TVU-SMNP-1500-B (S, C)||XXL||44-64mm (1-3/4” thru 2-1/2”)||64mm (2.50 in.)||3.3 sec|
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and send it to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Chasing Members — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.