NEW VISTA SVV THREAD SYSTEM
— Complete hand-guided system for thread verification or thread chasing —
- Will work with both internal and external threads.
- Verifies, re-forms or chases threads at rates up to 1,600 holes (or male threads) per hour. That’s 2-1/4 seconds from one threaded feature to the next. Ask to see the videos.
- Hole-to-hole movements are manual. The counterbalanced pantograph supplied diminishes operator fatigue, and eliminates the possibility of crossthreading.
- The System, not the operator, determines whether the thread has been successfully verified or chased.
- Utilizes the same patented New Vista mechanisms that are in use in New Vista-supplied installations all over the world.
- Will run a variety of parts, both large and small. Can accommodate male or female threads of varying sizes. When equipped with one of the New Vista Quick-Change Toolholders, changing from one thread to another takes only a few seconds. Will gage or chase various thread depths without tuning in.
…INTERNATIONAL PATENTS PENDING
- Fast. For the smaller threads, hole-to-hole times of 2.5 seconds are routine.
- Foolproof. Once the threaded feature is engaged, the System, not the operator, follows the thread and decides what is good.
- Registers as rejects: short threads, no threads, undersize or oversize threads; wrong pitch threads; holes with broken taps or other obstructions.
- Utilizes standard production-proven, patented New Vista mechanisms and controls.
- Low maintenance and long tool life.
- Will inspect for “GO”, “NO GO”, or combination characteristics. Will re-form external or internal threads also.
- Fingertip torque control… set it, and then lock it in place.
- Depth rod feature guarantees precision verification of thread length (or depth).
- Utilizes New Vista Quick-Change Toolholders.
- Sensitive high-speed drive allows spindle to stop quickly if an obstruction is encountered.
- Will not jam or stick in undersize or short threads. Will not subject the operator, the part or the tooling to high force or torque levels…even with a thread blockage.
- Standard models available that will run threads from M3 through M30 (#4 thru 1-1/4”).
- “Full Count Option” guarantees that no holes in a pattern are missed.
- Supplied tooled and proven out for your application.
NEW VISTA THREAD SYSTEM: MODEL SVV
The Control and Monitoring Unit shown here is part of the System. Once the operator engages the threaded feature, the control takes over; it runs the tool to depth and it automatically reverses it out. The machine makes the decision whether the thread has been successfully verified or chased; the operator cannot override it.
An Application Form is available from the New Vista website: https://www.newvistacorp.com/contact/. Fill in the blanks and send it to [email protected]. Or you can get help by calling this U.S. telephone number: 410-342-3820, then 0, and then ask for Applications Assistance. We speak English and Spanish. A New Vista Applications Engineer will help you select the proper Thread Unit and Thread Gage or Chasing Members — and work with you if you need a special, or a system.