- Typical cycle time of 2 seconds.
- Does not subject the part to high force or torque levels even with a reject.
- Quick to set up and use. Will mount in any orientation.
- Available with gear reducer (3:1, 4:1, or 7:1) for high torque applications.
- Quickly and automatically checks threaded holes (or external threads) by powering a Thread Gage Member into (or onto) and out of (or off of) the part. Versions are capable of “GO” gaging, “NO GO” gaging, and Combination gaging.
- Sensitive high speed drive allows the Thread Gage Member to stop in case of missing or improperly formed threads. This registers a fault, creating a “reject” signal.
- Spring-loaded spindle prevents damage to end of thread at start of engagement.
- Will check blind holes accurately for thread depth.
- Will not jam or stick in undersize (reject) threads. In automated applications, rejects can be separated out without stopping the process.
- Does not subject the part (or the spindle) to high force or torque levels…even with a reject.
- Quick to set up and use. Shipped pre-programmed. Will mount in any orientation.
- Inspects a wide range of threads, with gage member replacement the only changeover. The toolholder allows for quick change-out of Thread Gage Members.
Specifications & Capacities
- Cycle times shown are for servo-driven versions, and where the thread length is equal to the thread diameter.
- The TVUs listed below are all foot-mounted.
- Add “-R” suffix after the model number if the TVU will be used with a robot.
- Add “-NG” suffix for GO/NO-GO (Combination gaging) versions.
- Add “-ES” suffix for extended stroke version.
- Add “-QC” suffix for Quick-Change Toolholder applications.
Included With Series
- ER-16 Standard Toolholder.
- Mounted drive motor.
- Mounted proximity switch(es).
- Prox and motor cables.
- Preprogrammed motor drive.
- Preprogrammed local control (PPIC).
Not Included With Series
- Slide or Robot to advance the TVU. A RAM-250 Slide Unit from New Vista can be employed for this purpose. For –R versions, the Robot provides this function.
- Thread Gage Members or Thread Ring Gages. Please order separately.
- AD-420 or DRGN Off-Axis Adapter.
- A PLC and 24V power supply (for control functions).